Titanium alloy has the advantages of good corrosion resistance, high strength, and stable mechanical properties, so it is also an ideal manufacturing material for aircraft and engines; but there are several aspects in the cutting process that we need to pay attention to. The following editor Let me tell you in detail:
The characteristics of titanium alloy parts in the cutting process
1. Generally, the processing of alloy steel does not use down milling. Due to the influence of the gap between the screw and nut of the machine tool, during down milling, the milling cutter acts on the workpiece, and the component force in the feed direction is the same as the feed direction, which is easy to make The work table produces intermittent movement, causing a knife to hit. For down milling, the cutter tooth hits the crust at the beginning of the cut, causing the cutter to break.
2. However, since the chips of up-milling are from thin to thick, the tool is prone to dry friction with the workpiece during the initial cutting, which increases the sticking and chipping of the tool. As far as titanium alloy is concerned, the latter contradiction appears to be more prominent.
3. The tool wear is not serious when titanium alloy reaming, and cemented carbide and high-speed steel reamer can be used. Commonly used in factories are W18Cr4V, M42, YW1, YG8, YG10HT, etc. When using a cemented carbide reamer, the rigidity of the process system similar to that of drilling should be adopted to prevent the reamer from chipping. The main problem of titanium alloy reaming is that the reaming is not complete. The following measures can be taken: use oilstone to narrow the width of the reamer blade to prevent the blade from sticking to the hole wall, but ensure sufficient strength. Generally, the blade width is 0.1 ~0.15mm is better.
4. According to the processing nature of titanium alloy parts and the characteristics of the cutting process, the following aspects should be considered when processing:
1. Use a smaller rake angle and a larger clearance angle to increase the contact length between the chip and the rake face, reduce the friction between the workpiece and the flank face, and use a circular arc transition edge to improve the strength and avoid sharp corners. Burning and chipping. Keep the blade sharp to ensure smooth chip evacuation and avoid chip sticking and chipping.
2. The cutting speed should be low to avoid too high cutting temperature; if the feed rate is moderate, it is easy to burn the knife, and if the feed rate is too small, the cutting edge will wear too fast because the cutting edge works in the hardened layer; the cutting depth can be larger, so that the tool tip is Working below the hardened layer is conducive to improving the durability of the tool.
3. When cutting titanium alloy parts, the resistance to knife is relatively large, so the process system must ensure sufficient rigidity. Because titanium alloy is easy to deform, the cutting clamping force cannot be large, especially in some finishing processes, a certain auxiliary support can be used when necessary.
The above is the description of the characteristics of titanium alloy parts in the cutting process. It is a general principle that needs to be considered during processing; however, if it is under different conditions or using different processing methods, the problems to be solved will not be the same.了; if there is anything else you want to know, please call us for consultation.